Next up is the BIG moment! The bride’s entrance and the music she will be walking down the aisle to! Now I know most brides out there will choose the traditional wedding march and that is perfectly fine. These songs are for those that want just a little something different. Like me!
Again, I highly recommend practicing the timing of your song, especially if there is a particular lyric that you really want heard. We used “I Choose you” by Sara Bareilles (the acoustic version) and I had to have the line “I get to be the other half of you” heard. I just had to. And of course it was the near the end of the song. We rehearsed it several times and it was going to be a close call since we had a very short aisle.
Coincidentally, I have ZERO idea if that lyric was actually played or not because I couldn’t really hear the song, I was consumed with the overwhelming feeling of the eyes of all of my family and friends on me and my beautiful bride waiting at the other end for me. It’s an intense and almost indescribable feeling (queue in Aladdin music here). And Yes, you still get that feeling even with a first look! (But that’s a whole other topic for a whole different day). But anyways, I heard the lyric in my head and felt the energy we were going for and I know our guests felt it too and that’s all that matters.
You only need to pick 1 song but like always, I recommend having a backup. Just in case 🙂
Here it goes..
1. A Moment Like This by Kelly Clarkson* [Genre: Pop/Rock Time: 3:49]
2. A Thousand Years by Christina Perry* [Genre: Pop/Rock Time: 4:45]
3. Amazed by Boyz II Men* [Genre: R&B Time: 4:02]
4. Amazed by LoneStar* [Genre: Country Time: 4:00]
5. At Last by Beyonce* [Genre: Stage & Screen Time: 3:00]
6. At Last by Etta James* [Genre: Blues Time: 2:57]
7. Bless the Broken Road by Rascal Flatts* [Genre: Country Time: 3:47]
8. Bless the Broken Road by Selah* [Genre: Religious Time: 4:09]
9. Can’t Take My Eyes Off You by Lady Antebellum* [Genre: Country Time: 4:45]
10. Endless Love by Luther Vandross* [Genre: R&B Time: 4:21]
11. I Choose You by Sara Bareilles* [Genre: Pop/Rock Time: 3:00]
12. Look at Me by Carried Underwood* [Genre: Country Time: 3:16]
13. Marry Me by Train* [Genre: Pop/Rock Time: 3:25]
So there you have it! I hope you can find something in this list that you can use!
Stay tuned and subscribe so you don’t miss the next list!